Private Tour: Vardzia, Borjomi, Rbati
Our tour to three destinations of Vardzia, Rabati and Borjomi offers you a unique opportunity to visit contrasting sites of several historical ras within just a day!
Excursion is accompanied with private guide and private car, and provides best value for families, friends, couples and solo travelers
We will visit:
- Vardzia is a cave site in southern Georgia dating back to 12th century, excavated from the slopes of the Erusheti Mountain on the left bank of the Mtkvari River. Excavations have shown that the area of Vardzia was inhabited even earlier during the Bronze Age. There you can find bell tower, main church, cave dwellings, rooms, chapels, pharmacy and wine cellars. Beyond the bell tower the complex rises to nineteen tiers, with steps leading to a cemetery. Infrastructure includes access tunnels, water facilities, and provision for defence. Vardzia has been submitted for future inscription on the UNESCO World Heritage List as a Cultural Site.
- Rabati Castle is a medi castle complex of Asian style in Akhaltsikhe. Built in the 13th century, Rabati castle developed under the influence of different cultures over subsequent centuries and this is reflected in its architecture. Within the 7 hectares castle complex there is a Church, a Mosque, a Minaret and a Synagogue.
- Borjomi is the picturesque resort town in south-central Georgia located on the edge of the Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park. The town is famous for its mineral water, which is the number one export of Georgia; the Romanov summer palace and the World Wide Fund for nature-site Borjomi-Kharagauli National Park. Borjomi is also home to the most extensive ecologically themed amusement park in the Caucasus.
Tour price not include:
- Entrance tickets to museum
Tickets can be booked online with promotions and here, at our offices:
- Office 1 (44 Kote Apkhazi str. Meidan sq)
- Office 2 (1/3 Pushkin str. Freedom sq)
IMPORTANT! Information for the ladies, we will visit the monastery, take a scarf with you to cover the head
We wish you a pleasant stay in Georgia. Thank you and enjoy your trip!