Private Tour: Ananuri, Gudauri, Kazbegi
On our tour to Ananuri-Kazbegi mountains you will have an exciting drive, heading north along the Georgian Military Highway into the high Caucasus Mountains. This is the main road running for 220 km from Tbilisi to Vladikavkaz in Russia, a spectacular highway that winds its way through sheer mountains. This route actually dates back to 1st century BC and is still important as the only link connecting to Russia through Caucasus Mountains.
Trip to Ananuri-Kazbegi includes several touristic areas, such as Ananuri architectural complex and Zhinvali water reservoir, Gergeti Trinity Church and Kazbegi village.
Excursion is accompanied with private guide and private car, and provides best value for families, friends, couples and solo travelers
We will visit:
- The Zhinvali Dam is a hydroelectric dam on the Aragvi River in Zhinvali, Georgia in the Caucasus Mountains. Despite its obviously artificial origins, reservoir blends in with the surrounding environment perfectly and delights visitors with its Turquoise waters. Enjoy the view of the reservoir from Ananuri Fortress, which is a popular tourist sight and for its stunning, panoramic views. Descending to the shores of reservoir you will notice ruins of church, belonged to an older settlement that was relocated out of the flooding area of the dam.
- Ananuri is a fortress situated on the foreland by the Aragvi River, not far from Zhinvali water reservoir and about 70 km from Tbilisi, Georgia. It was built by the Dukes of Aragvi and its earliest parts date from the 13th century. The fortress is on the UNESCO Tentative list. The fortress consist of two fortifications joined by a crenellated curtain wall. The upper fortification with a large square tower, known as Sheupovari, is well-preserved.
- Gudauri The ski resort is located on the south-facing plateau of The Greater Caucasus Mountain Range in Georgia. The resort is situated in the Stepantsminda District, along the Georgian Military Highway near the Cross Pass, at an elevation of 2,200 meters, above sea level with skiable area enjoying maximum exposure to the sun. The resort offers high quality skiing opportunities. The slopes of Gudauri are completely above the tree line and are best for free-riders and are generally considered to be avalanche-safe. The ski season lasts from December to April.
- Monument or Treaty of Georgievsk Monument is a monument build in 1983 to celebrate the bicentennial of the Treaty of Georgievsk and ongoing friendship between Georgia and Soviet Russia. Located on the Georgian Military Highway between the ski resort town of Gudauri and the Jvari pass, the monument is a large round stone and concrete structure overlooking the Devil"s Valley in the Caucasus mountains. Inside the monument is a large tile mural that spans the whole circumference of the structure and depicts scenes of Georgian history.
- Gergeti Trinity Church. The old Georgian Church is located under the Mount Kazbek, 2170m above the town of Stepantsminda (former Kazbegi) and village of Gergeti whose name she had adopted. The church is widely known as Gergeti trinity Church thought Georgians call it Gergeti Tsminda Sameba.It was built in the 14th century, but not much is known to us of its history, though it was mentioned in one of the guide books from 1906, that the church was built on the place that used to be pagan idols worshiping. And in 18th century, the church turned into storage for main Georgian relics that were transported here in the time of Persian invasion to Tbilisi. In the beginning of the 20th century, Soviet government had closed the church, and it was returned back to the Georgian Orthodox Church only in the 1990’s. But for the long times it had served as a popular waypoint for travelers on the road connecting Russia and Georgia
Tour price does not include:
- Rise to Gergeti Temple in a jeep
Tickets can be booked online with promotions and here, at our offices:
- Office 1 (44 Kote Apkhazi str. Meidan sq)
- Office 2 (1/3 Pushkin str. Freedom sq)
IMPORTANT! Information for the ladies, we will visit the monastery, take a scarf with you to cover the head.
We wish you a pleasant stay in Georgia. Thank you and enjoy your trip!